Promotion: Caltex StarCard Chance to Win 1,000,000 Qantas Points Promotion
Promoter: Caltex Australia Petroleum Pty Ltd ABN 17 000 032 128, Level 24, 2 Market Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia. Ph: 1800 240 398
Start date: 19/11/18 at 12.01am AEDT
End date: 31/12/18 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Eligible Businesses: Entry is only open to Australian businesses with a current ABN, which do not have an existing Caltex StarCard account as at 11:59pm AEST on 18/11/2018.
How to Enter: For an Eligible Business to enter the Promotion, an authorised representative from an Eligible Business (who is an Australian resident aged 18 years or over), must complete the following steps on behalf of the Eligible Business:
a) between 19/11/18 at 12.01am AEDT and 21/12/18 at 11:59pm AEDT:
- successfully open a new Caltex StarCard account for their Eligible Business at caltex.com.au/our-solutions/fuel-cards. Please note that application processing times may vary.
- the Eligible Business must be or become a member of the Qantas Business Rewards program. Businesses that are not already a member can join Qantas Business Rewards program for free, by visiting https://www.qantasbusinessrewards.com/promotionalEnroll/PFCALTEX, following the prompts, and applying to become a member- they must complete the standard join process including agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program;
- link their Caltex StarCard account with their Qantas Business Rewards account; and
b) after linking their Caltex StarCard account to their Qantas Business Rewards account, spend a minimum of $150 on Eligible Transactions on their Caltex StarCard account by 11:59pm AEDT on 31/12/18. A full list of excluded items is available at caltex.com.au.
A business must have a valid and active Caltex StarCard account and Qantas Business Rewards account at the time of the draw to be eligible to claim a Prize. Businesses must also be within the Promoter’s trading terms throughout the Promotional Period and must not have overdue monies owing on their Caltex StarCard account in order to be eligible to claim any Prize.
Eligible Transactions: An eligible transaction is any transaction made at a participating Caltex Service Station that is made in accordance with their StarCard account terms and conditions excluding telco, tobacco, StarCash and gift card products/purchases. For clarity, not all Caltex StarCards permit in-store purchases. In-store purchases are only permitted if elected by the business. Therefore, an entry will only be awarded for in-store purchases, if the business’ StarCard account terms and conditions permit in-store purchases, otherwise, only fuel transactions will be permitted for the purposed of this Promotion.
Entries permitted: Only one (1) eligible entry per Eligible Business. By completing the entry method, the Eligible Business will receive one (1) entry. Entry must be submitted in accordance with the entry instructions above.
Total Prize Pool: AUD $30,212.00
Prize Description: There is one prize of 1,000,000 Qantas Points (Prize).
Value (per prize):
The maximum notional value of the Prize is AU$30,212.00 with a total prize pool of AU$ 30,212.00 based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards that could be obtained by redeeming through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as fully defined in the terms and conditions of the program available at qantas.com/terms. For example, 60,000 Qantas Points could be redeemed for a one way Economy Classic Flight Reward from Sydney to London (Heathrow) plus AU$271.28 in applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges, accurate as at 30 October 2018. The dollar fare for an equivalent commercial flight totals AU AU$2,084 including taxes fees and carrier charges. The estimate of the maximum notional value of the Prize is provided for information purposes only. The maximum notional value of the Prize will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoters accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of each the Prize.
Draw: computerised random selection - 07/01/19 at 02:30 pm AEDT
Prize Conditions: Once the Entry Requirements are met and a winner has been determined, Qantas Points may take up to 6-8 weeks to be credited to the winner’s account from the draw date (or any redraw date, as applicable).
Businesses that already hold a Caltex StarCard account are not eligible for this Promotion.
The redemption of the Prize is subject to the availability of Rewards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
In the event that a Prize is redeemed for Reward travel, the winners should be aware that the number of Reward flight seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Reward seats available. The winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of Reward travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel, are subject to change without notice and are quoted at the time of booking. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Reward travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.
Qantas Business Rewards membership and Qantas Points for business are subject to the T&Cs at qantasbusinessrewards.com/terms. Qantas Points are offered under the Caltex T&Cs at caltex.com.au/our-solutions/fuel-cards.
Winner notification: The winner will be contacted by email within two (2) business days of the draw. The winner will be published at https://www.caltex.com.au/caltex-starcard-1-million-qantas-points-promotion-terms-and-conditions by 14/01/19.
For clarity, Prize will be awarded to the account of the registered business and not the individual employee that made the Eligible Transaction.
Unclaimed Prizes: Prize must be claimed by 12/04/19 at 02:30 pm AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed Prize, the Prize will be redrawn on 15/04/19 at 02:30 pm AEST at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winner of the redraw will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the redraw. The winner will be notified publicly (and their details published) at www.win.caltex.com.au by 19/04/19.
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the applicable period specified in the How to Enter section above.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
a. The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 02:30 pm AEDT on 07/01/19 using computerised random selection.
i. The first valid entry drawn will be the winner of the Prize specified in the Schedule above.
ii. The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
iii. The draw will be scrutinized by an independent person.
b. If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn Prize is determined by chance.
6. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
7. If any winner chooses not to take their Prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a Prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the Prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the Prize.
8. The value of the Prize is accurate and based upon the maximum notional value at 09/10/18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize after that date.
9. No part of a Prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other Prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
10. If a Prize (or portion of a Prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that portion of the Prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
11. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
12. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
14. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
15. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the Prize.
16. If a Prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party Prize supplier and the provision of the Prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the Prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. Except in the event of any failure to meet these terms and conditions, negligence or wilful misconduct by the Promoter or the Promoter’s employees, The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the Prize, any delay or failure relating to the Prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
17. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
18. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a Prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
19. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any Prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
22. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the Prize or acceptance of the Prize.
24. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
25. Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP 18/02188, NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/29508 and SA Permit No. T18/1986.