1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is Caltex Australia Petroleum Pty Ltd (ABN 17 000 032 128) of L24, 2 Market Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, telephone 1800 240 398 (“Promoter”).
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 16 years or over. Individuals aged between 16 and up to 18 years must have parental/guardian approval to enter, and any such parent/guardian must produce written consent to the minor entering the promotion, if requested by the Promoter.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Participating Service Stations and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Promotion commences on 01/01/2018 and ends at 11.59pm AEDST on 30/11/2018 (“Promotional Period”). For the purposes of this promotion, only Caltex service stations in Australia that display promotional material advertising this promotion will be deemed to be “Participating Service Stations”.
6. To enter, individuals must, during the Promotional Period, visit a Participating Service Station and either:
a) If they have purchased any fuel and/or shop product(s) at a Participating Service Station, during the Promotional Period (“Qualifying Transaction”), they must retain their purchase receipt and then visit tell.caltex.com.au, follow the prompts to the entry page, complete the featured survey by answering all of the questions, select that they have made a Qualifying Transaction, input all of the requested personal details and the purchase receipt number for their Qualifying Transaction, select their unique Participating Service Station ID and submit the fully completed entry form; or
b) If they have not completed a Qualifying Transaction, visit tell.caltex.com.au, follow the prompts to the entry page, select that they have not made a Qualifying Transaction, complete the featured survey by answering all of the questions, input all of the requested personal details and submit the fully completed entry form. Individuals who enter via this option agree that they may receive a follow up phone call from the Promoter to discuss their visit to the Participating Service Station.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Multiple entries permitted subject to the following: (a) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements; and (b) a maximum of three (3) entries are permitted per person. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and invalidate all their entries (at its discretion) on the basis that the number of entries made by that entrant exceeded the maximum number of entries specified herein.
9. Where an entrant makes a Qualifying Transaction, the entrant must retain their purchase receipt(s) as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all relevant entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of all of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the Participating Service Station’s unique ID and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
10. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage 2 does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
12. There will be Eleven (11) draws conducted for the entries received during the Promotional Period. Entries open and close for each draw at 11.59pm AEST/AEDST (as applicable in NSW) on the dates specified in the table below. All draws will take place at Handling Matters, Unit 40, 1-5 Thew Parade, CROMER NSW 2099 on the dates specified in the table below at 01.00pm AEST/AEDST (as applicable in Sydney). Un-drawn entries in each draw will be entered into any subsequent draws. Winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw. Provisional winner’s names will be announced online at https://www.caltex.com.au/customer-survey-promotion-terms-and-conditions on the same date as the draw with the first publication taking place on 01/02/2018 and the last publication taking place on 03/12/2018. Provisional winners will only be deemed a winner once verified by the Promoter.
|Draw||Entries Open||Entries Close||Draw Date|
13. The first valid entry drawn in each draw will each win a $1,000 Caltex StarCash Digital Card. Each Caltex StarCash Digital Card will be emailed to the winners, to the email address specified on entry. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a Caltex StarCash Digital Card are not included. Any unused balance of a Caltex StarCash Digital Card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of a Caltex StarCash Digital Card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the Caltex StarCash Digital Card.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
16. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
17. Total prize pool value is $11,000.
18. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
19. A draw for any unclaimed prize(s) may take place on 05/03/2019 at the same time and place as the original draws, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw. Provisional winner’s names will be announced online at https://www.caltex.com.au/customer-survey-promotion-terms-and-conditions on 05/03/2019. Provisional winners will only be deemed a winner once verified by the Promoter.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
22. Any cost associated with accessing the Internet in relation to the promotion is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
24. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking, redemption and/or use of a prize.
25. As a condition of accepting a prize, winners may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/20464. ACT Permit No. TP17/02522. SA Permit No. T17/2357