Conditions of Use
These conditions apply to any use of a Caltex StarCash by any person ("Customer"). Caltex StarCash is defined as either a physical Card ("Card") or StarCash e-Gift card (“StarCash Digital”):
1. Acceptance of Conditions of Use. Any use of Caltex StarCash by a Customer will be deemed to be an acceptance of these conditions.
2. Validity of Card. Where a signature panel is provided on a Card, the Customer must sign the Card immediately. Any relevant Card which has not been signed will not be accepted.
3. Verification of Card. If the Caltex StarCash has a PIN verification, the customer must enter the PIN at the time of purchase.
4. Purchase of Goods and Services. The Card may only be used at Caltex/Ampol outlets where EFTPOS facilities are operational and online. The Card can be used to purchase (or part pay in conjunction with cash or by credit card) selected goods or services available at these outlets. The Card cannot be used to purchase gift cards, prepaid or post-paid phone or internet vouchers, transport tickets, mobile phones and accessories, Tolls payments, or lottery tickets.
StarCash Digital can be redeemed at participating locations. To find a participating location, visit the Caltex site locator. StarCash Digital cannot be used at Outdoor Payment and Pay@Pump terminals.
5. No cash. No cash out facilities are available with Caltex StarCash and it is not redeemable for cash.
6. Customer Responsibility. Customers must ensure all details on any receipt are correct. Any dispute regarding receipt details is between the Customer and the Caltex/Ampol outlet where the Card was purchased.
7. Non-Supply of Goods or Services. Caltex will have no liability to the Customer where a participating outlet refuses to supply products or services to the Customer. Any dispute regarding non-supply of products and services to the Customer is between the Customer and the relevant Caltex/Ampol outlet.
8. Property and Loss. Caltex StarCash remains the property of Caltex. If Caltex StarCash is lost or stolen, or if the Customer becomes aware of the possibility of any unauthorised use, the Customer must immediately notify Caltex on 1300 365 096. Until the Customer has given Caltex such notice and subject to any liability that cannot be excluded by law including any statutory consumer guarantees under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 or similar consumer protection laws, Caltex is not responsible, and excludes all liability for any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) in relation to any theft or unauthorised access or use of Caltex StarCash If Caltex replaces any Card, a card replacement fee of $5.50 will be charged.
9. Purchase Limit. The total amount of purchases made by a Customer on Caltex StarCash must not exceed the face value or reissued value of a replacement Card or StarCash Digital. The Caltex EPTPOS system will check for any purchase in excess of this limit. If the Customer's purchases exceed the face value, the Customer is liable to Caltex for the excess payment in cash or by credit card.
10. Expiry. Caltex StarCash expires on the last day of the month, as stated on the Card or on StarCash Digital, or if no month is stated, 12 months after the date of purchase of the Card. Caltex StarCash cannot be used after the expiry date. Any balance that remains after expiry will not be available for use. Caltex will not replace expired Caltex StarCash.
11. Use of Card at Unmanned Locations. Cards can only be used at unmanned locations if they have PIN verification. Therefore, the Customer must request PIN verification when ordering a Card if the Customer wishes to use a Card at an unmanned location. StarCash Digital cannot be used at unmanned locations.
EFFECTIVE 5TH JANUARY 2017