There are many time saving and money saving benefits of having a StarCard, especially when it comes to end of financial year.
Our top five tax time tips will show you how using StarCard to its full potential can make EOFY more streamlined and a lot easier this EOFY. So, let’s get started!
1. Use myCaltex anytime to access everything you need for EOFY
Log into your myCaltex account whenever you need to check your account status, retrieve copies of your invoices and statements or access your transaction history. Simply select ‘My Star Cards’ once you’ve logged in to find 5 years’ worth of data, like fuel spend summaries or ATO-approved BAS reports.
2. Take advantage of the Reports feature now
To see all your report options, just login to myCaltex and choose ‘Reports’ from the My Star Cards menu bar or home page, then click ‘Run My Reports’. You’ll see a full list of the available reports with a linked description for each one, so you can run the ones you need.
Alternatively, you can choose ‘Schedule a Report’ and set your reports to run at a specific time – at close of business on June 30th, for example. Once completed, reports are saved in My Star Card for you to review. They can also be emailed to you (or anyone else you nominate) to read straight away.
To print out an invoice, simply login to myCaltex, and then:
1. Choose ‘Reports’ > ‘Invoices & Statements’ from the My Star Cards menu bar or home page.
2. Leave ‘Report Type’ set at ‘All’.
3. Enter the date range and click ‘Search’.
4. The system will bring up the invoices and statements in the range selected. Simply click one the one you want to open, view, download or print it.
3. Take advantage of StarCard Extras
By adding extras to your StarCard account for a small fee, all on-road expenses can be consolidated into your monthly invoice, giving you a more efficient and streamlined EOFY. If you are eligible you can add:
Tolls, saving you from having to manage toll charges for each car separately
• Roadside Assistance, giving you unlimited callouts for breakdowns and tyre changes
• Services and Repairs, with the added bonus of saving up to 15% at over 5,000 locations across Australia
4. Consolidate all on-road expenses with StarCard
It can by easy to forget the little things your business has spent money on. Good news is that by using your StarCard to pay, you’ll have all purchases, big and small, consolidated into your monthly invoice. This means they won’t be missed at tax time.
5. Link your StarCard account to Xero
EOFY is a good time to review your finances and make plans for the year ahead. So, at this point you may want to consider linking your StarCard account to Xero accounting software. By doing so, all your monthly transactions and invoices will be automatically uploaded to your Xero account, making life easier the next time EOFY rolls around.